Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's the Little Things!

In the past week, a couple of people have reminded me that sometimes it's helpful to have a reminder of basic technology tools, shortcuts or tips. These are little things that I take for granted, I guess. Take for example, the keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste (ctrl-c to copy and ctrl-v for paste). When I mentioned them to a teacher in a recent workshop, she gave me a blank stare and then she thanked me for telling her about them! She was thrilled! I was surprised - doesn't everyone know them? I guess not. So here are a couple more: ctrl-z to undo; ctrl-s to save; ctrl-p to print. More later - enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot a great one: hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press m. That minimizes all open windows. Try it!

    ReplyDelete