Sunday, May 1, 2011

Keeping Favorites

Remember when your favorites were actually people and things? Now they are websites! i have been saving most of mine on Delicious.com. Just the other day, I got an email from Yahoo (imagine that!) telling me that Delicious is going away. I tried to move my favorites from Delicious to Evernote (a different kind of online storage) but after following multiple steps, I failed to move them over. I gave up for a little while but the email from Yahoo was nagging at me from the back of my brain. So, I tried again. This time, something caught my eye. There was a link that said to use Google Bookmarks! Google to the rescue! (once again!!!) I click the link and VOILA, there they were! Of course, later, when I went to find them again, I couldn't. You see, Google has Bookmarks, which you can add to a list of favorites by clicking on a star in Google Chrome and then there are Bookmarks that are part of a social network of favorites, like Delicious. But they are not the same Bookmarks. To find my new Bookmarks that were exported from Delicious, I clicked on More at the top of the Google home page and then the Even More link at the bottom of that list and there they were! They are easy to use and organize so THANK YOU GOOGLE! My favorites are saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment